Sunday, September 25, 2011

One more skin topic

One other point that has become part of the development of vitiligo is the development of papular, rough nodules, that grow in size and become rather scab like, before they gradually resolve. So far these have occurred in the areas that develop vitiligo. I had my first ones on my left forearm somewhere around the 4th infusion of the anti-pd1 and vaccine combo. Weber's NP seemed puzzled by them at the time, but we mentioned them again to Dr. Weber on my last visit. In fact, he was able to see a couple that were resolving in a patch of vitiligo on my back/shoulder. He said it was due to inflammation and it's resolution as cells were destroyed. Which makes us believe that can only mean that it's bits of melanoma that is being sought out by angry T cells! Which is kind of scary...but obviously better than if they remained there to do their thing. Of course, that's a little conjecture on our part, but... At any rate, I have had two on my cheek (that are almost resolved now) and new ones on my neck since my last infusion.

Good day here. Ran three miles today. Would have been pretty easy if it weren't for this rockin bruise and big lump just below my knee at my shin from my run in with an open drawer 2 days ago! I think the drawer won! Just call me grace! - c

2 comments:

  1. The amount of "nodules" ARE scary! But going away is definitely good!

    You have been running into things for many, many years! Oh well, I can't really talk ~ I ran into the bookshelf (which is always there!) just yesterday. I don't think I did it with as much energy as you did though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when we were kids....and you would say you would hear some thud, and then, "OOOOuch!" when I would be in my room. I'm telling you...the bottom bed posts on that bed were murder!!! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete