Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Sew Chaotically! More Giraffes for sweet Jam ~

I love doing a bit of handwork and especially enjoyed making this trio for Jam's room!

This pattern is "Giraffe" from Jessica Long.

  This - "George the Giraffe" from Hoop dee doo

Finally, "Safari" by Lynny Lou Crafts.

For all these pieces I used the colors noted on the patterns as inspiration, but used only embroidery floss I had on hand.  Similarly, I used some of the advised stitches and improvised my own when I wished.  I  traced the patterns on water-soluble fabric for embroidery.  It worked really well; remaining stable while working on the pieces and dissolving completely and easily once finished.  The only draw back was the thread used for the 'rose' George holds in his mouth faded onto the fabric when exposed to water!!!  What the????   I got most of it out and afterwards realized that in using my scrap/stash of embroidery floss, that bit had probably come from a kit Roo used to make bracelets with as a kid, picked by me because of the color, and was not DMC brand, while all the others were.  Lesson learned!!!  It was a fun project for me and has provided a lot of smiles and smelling of flowers for the most precious little guy!  

Sew and stitch and love chaotically! ~ les

2 comments: