Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Sew Chaotically! ~ Quilt #5 - The Colors of Water

Quilt #5 for Freddo and Irina!!!  My first quilt went to Bentie, in 2021.  Then there was Sashiko Ta-dah for our queen bed! The third was a special celebration of home for dear Jo Jo!  Such sweet fun went into my fourth quilt, made for precious Jam!  Part of the fun of quilt making for me is trying to embrace the personality and style of the user.  For Fred and Irina, I checked in for fav colors and styles and came up with this chunky abstract pieced queen sized top... 





She was a big girl!!!  But, with B's help, I got her racked and ready!


With the linear lines and varied blues, I thought wavy visible quilting lines would make a nice contrast.



It was such a pleasant quilt to stitch through the cold months of 2022, plus I had the best supervisor ever!

I was able to pass it on to its owners for Christmas this past year.  It was fun to add some contrasting quilted pillow covers.


I hope it feels like a hug with a zillion stitches of love.  Sew Chaotically!! ~ les

2 comments: