Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Sew Chaotically! ~ Maison Fauve - The Sparrow Shirt! (And a little Tate Top out of the scraps!)


Maison Fauve has so many pretty designs.  Though the patterns are in French, between common sense, B's translation and in the case of the Sparrow - a sewing video on the site - they go together easily!  This past winter, I made several Bob Fauve - the cutest hat, easily stitched and FREE!!!  


On to The Sparrow, another early spring make from shirting purchased at Mood in what seems a lifetime ago!!!  As seen in the link, Sparrow comes in a male and female version.  Both with a hidden front button placket and lots of ways to individualize.  Mine has bracelet sleeves and a fixed cuff.  I may have to make one for B!!! Much like Orageuse and Republique du Chiffon, size 40 was perfect for me.


Isn't that collar detail the cutest????  And because I think the FREE Tate Top by Workroom Social is just PERFECT for summer - 


I made another with the remaining bit of shirting.  I can't begin to tell you how much wear it had!!!  This fabric is perfect for dressing up or down.  Check out either of these excellent pattern makers.  I know you won't be disappointed!  Happy sewing! ~ les

2 comments: