Friday, June 14, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ I jumped! On the jumpsuit bandwagon!!


When I scooped up this lovely salmon pink linen at Fine Fabrics in Atlanta, I had every intention of making an apron dress along the lines of this lovely one by Pip-Squeak Chapeau Etc...





Then I saw these amazing jumpsuits!!  I had vowed not to jump on the jumpsuit bandwagon, but these are so cute!!!  Suddenly, I remembered I had this pattern!!!  I actually made one of these for myself in the 80's!!  For realz!  While I would have much preferred a looser version with sleeves, I didn't have the yardage. Still, I decided I could make it work!
I managed to get the sleeveless, cropped leg version out of my fabric, stitching it up with no problems.  But the look of the "sleeves" made me fear it was turning out more like a "Dynasty" costume than a chic modern jumpsuit!
 I considered just trimming and hemming.  But, I slept on it.
The next day, I stumbled upon this and thought - I like it!  I could do that!!  Maybe....
Starting with some mad basting...





... I achieved this!
I think it worked!
Loose...
...or belted and cuffed!


I'm pleased with my jumpsuit and think it will get lots of fun use.  In the background, you see my beautiful wild azaleas that bloom every year just in time for Fred-o's special day. And today...

...I enjoyed a lovely visit with these handsome boys!!!
I'm glad I jumped! I'm especially glad to have my sweet punkins in my life and super blessed when I get to spend time with them!  Live, love and sew chaotically! ~ les

1 comment: