Friday, June 21, 2019

Sew Chaotically! ~ Celestial Dress by Pattern Fantastique!


What's in a name???  HA!  When I came upon The Celestial Dress, by Pattern Fantastique, of course that got my attention, but then there were these amazing versions (note the 3 pics below) stitched up by Nicole of maatje_makes on instagram.  Having seen her sleeveless versions, I was sold!!  You should check her out!!  She makes ever so many lovely things!






















This pattern creates neat innards along with its unique shape and fit!  I used some truly luscious Brussels Washer Yarn Dye linen blend (55% linen/45% rayon) in "rain" from Harts Fabric.  The color in the right pic is more accurate than the left.  I stitched size 10, but did have to take it in under the arms by about an inch on each side, fading to nothing in 6 inches.  So perhaps I would have been better off with a size 8.  I added no length, other than making it the length the pattern prescribed for the largest size and at 5' 9" that worked out perfectly as a maxi for me!



I really like it.  The fabric and pattern made a perfect combo!!


After telling Ruthie about the pattern, she stitched up a cute color-blocked version, too!  Isn't she cute???

Sew...go for it!  The Celestial dress makes a perfect summer piece, whatever length and style you choose!  Sew Chaotically! - les

2 comments:

  1. You do look absolutely Celestial! Beautiful job. I have cut out a midi one in the African wax print you gave me ~ I think it will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will, too!! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete