Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Capecitibine "WOKE" my Pollyanna A$$!


As planned, I started my first dose of my last round of capecitibine (say that five times fast!!) last night.  B offered/recommended that I take a marinol with it.  "Seriously," I objected, "how bad can the first dose be??  I'm heading to bed.  No thanks.  Don't need it."

Well, fast forward to 1 am this morning and I am WOKE!!  Alternating waves of feeling overheated and sweating versus shivering with cold wrenched me from sleep as the wall of nausea hit!!!   Poor B fetched the marinol, gave me a sweet back rub, and I faded back to sleep.  Feeling much better this morning, I shared this with a bestie, who you'd think would have my back, right?????

Hmmm.....

"Smh at u, how many times we gotta talk about listening to Brent!"

Bahahaha!!!  Yeah, she's still got my back although she is, literally, B's twin.  Same birthday, no joke!  My peeps are experts at keeping it real!  When they're right they're right.  This morning, I was good and took my marinol as directed. 

My day is sunny and bright, a bit warmer than expected.  My marinol hazy self trimmed my overgrown lavender (hope it grows back as my internet search said it would) and Knock Out Roses in preparation for spring. 

Hope springs eternal.  Thanks B and Tam Bo.  I will listen the first go round....next time.  I promise.  love, les

No comments:

Post a Comment