Sunday, June 24, 2012

Side effects this go round...

...have not been too bad. Some mouth tenderness and sensitivity with only a couple of mild lesions to the tongue have been a bit of an aggravation.  The biggest difficulty this time has been pain in my hands, wrists, and elbows.  At first it was enough to wake me from sleep, but now it is just a bit dull and achy.  Brent has been pushing ibuprofen...given the NSAID report, perhaps it will work double duty!!  HA!  Nevertheless, I have been doing my usual 12-hour shifts that a pediatric office has when there is an outbreak of viral gastro and high fevers in early summer combined with general pediatric chaos. I am very proud to report that, additionally, I have managed to run, bike, do core and/or Insanity workouts EVERY off day since treatment.  So there...Anti-PD1....you can put THAT in your pipe and smoke it!!!!

On top of that, B and I have been busy bees this weekend, prepping veggies for the coming week, doing yard work, catching up on other chores.  AND...we are very proud that yesterday we were able to pick more than 3 cups of blueberries from our own bushes and this morning we picked 16 cups of blackberries that grow in generous abundance just down the road!

Enjoy the fruits of your labors! - c

3 comments:

  1. You just never know what you will get after an Anti-PD1 treatment! I'm glad it hasn't been as severe this time... Of course, you can never go completely unscathed! And... YUM! Berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for such bad pain in your hands, wrists, and elbows. Glad it is better-- but that tongue business sounds more than a bit of aggravation! Your dedication to exercise despite the treatments is an inspiration to us all! What did you make with 19 cups of berries?

    ReplyDelete