Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Covered, smothered and mothered.....

Guess you have to be familiar with Waffle House...but anyhow.... 

Had a great Mother's Day weekend with my creatures.  A fun trail run with Fred leading the way, Rosie cheering me on, and B bringing up the rear through the woods, down the trail to the creek....to be rewarded by sweet smelling, lovely mountain laurel in full bloom.  I have had many wonderful Mother's Days in this manner and it is a lucky thing indeed.  It is followed by multiple sets of steep,  rocky trails...but between Mother Nature and the beautiful peeps...there is no better way to spend Mother's Day.  Thanks, guys.  I love you, ever so much.

But, I have been lucky enough to be more than mothered.  Mothers never judge.  Mothers do not keep score, or tallies, or lists of debts.  Mothers are there when no one else is.  Mothers know your inner thoughts and worries and think you are wonderful...still.  Mothers listen.  Mothers hear.  Mothers do no harm.  Mothers may council, try to show the way...but respect your choice....your right to choose.  Mothers believe.  Mothers defend...before they know the facts...and even after they do.  Mothers encourage.  Mothers stay up-to-date.  Mothers SEE you.  Mothers smile.  Mothers caress.  Mothers accept your friends and lovers as mere extensions of you, thereby wonderful in their own right.  Mothers are proud...annoyingly so.  Mothers see the better angels of our nature.  Mothers are there....even when there is nothing they can do.  Mothers can be male or female, relatives or not.  I am fortunate.  I have been covered, smothered, and mothered.....by many.  I am grateful - c.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your day was wonderful! I'm gonna have a different one later! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abso-pooply!!!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to smother/mother Becca on Mother's Day-- she was sick. :( Fine now though. Two weeks of school left! She'll be SO happy to be out.

    ReplyDelete