Friday, December 25, 2020

If you know - you KNOW!!! Or - Melanoma Metaphor!!!

There was a time in my melanoma world when crappy news, followed SH*%%Y news, followed only by more crappy news!  I wanted so much to shield those I cared about from it.  I tried.  Once.  However, my dear ones made it clear that such subterfuge would not do!  After that - I fessed up.  Poor Freddo always met such news with the laconic, "Well, that sucks balls!"  Ruthie likened melanoma to the stinky green underbelly of wizards.  Ten years down the road from those days, I have acknowledged the shock, dismay, and horror at what melanoma can do with an amalgamation of their two sentiments.  My dear MPIP-ers are only too familiar with my "metaphor" ~ "Damn!  Melanoma sucks great big green hairy stinky wizard balls!!!!"

There has been of late, some discussion that this old saw may need a bit of an adjustment.  I am more than fine with moving on up!  Especially now.  Because of this....


My dear John sent word that something special was on the way!  It arrived a few days ago.  You can see the clear directives noted in the lower left corner.  Those who know me, are well aware that I am impatient, spoiled rotten, and tend to ignore directions.  But, for John, I did as I was told.  And IT. WAS. WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I laughed and laughed!!!  What a wonderful way to celebrate 10 years NED.  Ten years of my melanoma metaphor.  Ten years of meeting dear ones with the best hearts, greatest sense of humor, and the hard earned ability to find joy.  The fact that melanoma brought us together is irrelevant.  The bonds of friendship, respect and love have kept us together.  My sincere thanks, to you John - for many things.  But today, much love and gratitude for helping me (and all the MPIP peeps) ride out this crazy ass year in great green hairy wizard ball style.  You da best!!!!

Love always ~ les

4 comments:

  1. Well done Celeste!!! Wishing another 10 year and more. Thanks for all your help and encouragement, and your example

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Celeste!! Wishing you another 10 years and more

    Thanks for all your help and encouragement, and the example you set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and hugs to you Mark!!! Together we can make a difference, can't we?

      Delete