Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thankful ~ for you...


This season, this crazy world, this strange body I inhabit~  Nature's beauty, the joy of family, the sharing of small but essential human pleasures with so many who have graced my life~  All bring me here~

I am so grateful for my dear ones.  You have stood by me, despite the pain and worry I bring you, sharing humor, compassion, courage, hugs, kind words, sweet gestures.  Tokens of the human spirit that allow me to survive my worries and hardship.  It pains me more than any physical trial I have experienced to see the hurt my condition can bring to YOUR eyes.  When earlier this year, I heard this wrenchingly beautiful song,  it seemed to express perfectly my perception of how so many of you must have felt on my behalf.

Please give it a listen:  Soon You'll Get Better - Taylor Swift/Dixie Chicks

The buttons of my coat were tangled in my hair
In doctor's-office-lighting, I didn't tell you I was scared
That was the first time we were there
Holy orange bottles, each night I pray to you
Desperate people find faith, so now I pray to Jesus too
And I say to you
Ooh-ah, soon you'll get better, Ooh-ah, soon you'll get better
Ooh-ah, you'll get better soon, 'Cause you have to
I know delusion when I see it in the mirror
You like the nicer nurses, you make the best of a bad deal
I just pretend it isn't real
I'll paint the kitchen neon, I'll brighten up the sky
I know I'll never get it, there's not a day that I won't try
And I'll say to you
Ooh-ah, soon you'll get better, Ooh-ah, soon you'll get better
Ooh-ah, you'll get better soon, 'Cause you have to...
I am sorry for the pain and distress I know I cause.  But, I am ever so thankful for the laughter, love and comfort each of you share so generously with me, my dear peeps.  You've entered my life as childhood friends, coworkers, neighbors, melanoma peeps, family - from every corner of the crazy, crooked, structure that is my life.  You keep me strong.  You have given me more than I can ever repay.  I know I've been blessed.  And I am thankful ~ for you. 

Much love, les

No comments:

Post a Comment