Saturday, October 6, 2018

REHAB - Part 3 Nourishment for the body, and even more for the soul.


I really am eating!!  Quite a lot and well!!  Here are some recent meals!

This recipe was really for steak with miso butter, but I figured a tuna steak would hold up equally well, and it did!  Yummy!  I am free to eat whatever I like per my surgeon, but we are still taking fiber and seedy things slowly.  I begged for the asparagus, so B agreed as long as I ate only the tender tops!  Damn!  Who ain't gonna agree to that??!  Poor goofy boy ate all the stems!!!
This recipe was for chicken and sesame noodles.  But, you know me.  Always making changes.  I used left over tuna from the dinner above in place of the chicken and it was really good.  Simple too!  You basically make a dressing of red wine vinegar, soy, honey, sesame oil, and tahini (sesame paste) to toss your "chicken" and noodles in.  
BLECH!  Tan food from Cracker Barrel on the way home from Nashville.  Passed up Ethiopian, Mexican, and Thai restaurants for this!!!  Oh well, feared my tummy might not be ready for the other.  Beige though it was, it was food!
Last night was pork chops and baked sweet potatoes.  The night prior, I made Cioppino.  A fish stew with tomato, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaf and thyme.  You can add as much or as little of your choice of fish that you like.  This one just had a bit of cod and shrimp.  Pretty good, if I say so myself!
Since man cannot live by bread alone, in between the strange errands we have had to embark on (Today's ta-dah was getting a flu shot...since I can't get it while on chemo and one certainly doesn't want flu combined with neutropenia if this is where we are going!!!!!), sweet visits from Don and the kiddo's, puttering about, reading and writing....I did get started on this...

A sweet dress for my purple durple Roo!  I think it is going to be so pretty on her!!!
And just this morning...B was a busy chef, prepping my second breakfast after my first of tea and toast!
Now you see it!  Kefir smoothie with banana, tea, egg, bacon and cute little pancakes!
Now it's gone!!!
But more than all these things, the tangible love and support, the unconditional belief in me and whatever path I choose, from all of you, have surpassed anything I ever expected or knew my heart could hold. I am beyond touched.  I am humbled and grateful.  I am incredibly blessed to have such a beautiful family of dear ones.  I am thankful for the absolute sweetness and positivity you have provided.  I am filled with gratitude for the effort so many of you have made in helping me really hash through the pros and cons, and realities of my options.  The heartfelt encouragement, in real words, straight from your hearts, have lifted me up and given me hope that if YOU can believe in me, then maybe I can, too!  I am thinking hard.  I am taking an unvarnished appraisal of myself.  I am  trying to be the woman that you believe me to be.  And I don't see that as undue pressure or a bad thing!!!   I think we all find our better selves when we look beyond ourselves.  So, with love and guidance from all of you - I am finding my way back - to me.  Nourishment for the soul, indeed. ~ with much love, les

5 comments:

  1. Those meals all look delicious and sound nutritious! Perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! You better believe in yourself! As I read this, I am overflowing with pride in all you are doing! And, yes, you are finding your way back to you...and that's just fine with your loyal fans and fellow melahomies! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the trick, isn't it? Holding on to who we are....despite what happens to us. Thanks for the support!!!

      Delete
  3. So glad that you are able to really eat!

    ReplyDelete