Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas! Today...and 4 years ago...as I began my Nivo (Opdivo) journey...

    Four years ago....  I can hardly believe it.  Believe that I am here.  Believe the support I have received from so many.  It has gone by in a blink!  Looking back:

Saturday, December 25, 2010   Merry Christmas! 

....awakened to 3 or so inches of snow, more falling, and 100's of flights being cancelled in Atlanta. After breakfast the kids are busy clearing the drive, Brent and our dear friend and neighbor, Les, are putting snow chains on the tires of Brent's car and I'm making a pot of soup for the kids in case of loss of power due to the icing that often follows snows up here. Fearing that our flight tomorrow will be cancelled anyway and the roads being worse in the am, Brent starts making plan number 9,010! Turns out Brent's work tonight (from 6p - 1am) gets cancelled since the manager doesn't think that nurses and front desk staff will be able to make it in, simplifying things some. In the end, he just cancels our flights himself, moves them to our next Tampa trip (for a one hundred dollar additional fee!), cancels our rental car, makes a hotel reservation in Macon and we will be on our way this evening. We plan to drive to Macon, spend the night, then on to Tampa tomorrow. Obviously, I am not happy. I felt that all this was too invasive, requiring way too much time, energy, and money in the first place....so this is NOT the way I wanted this to go! So much for what I want I suppose.... Oh, well...enough belly aching. Got to go do the elliptical and get a shower so I can go down the Signal Mountain Slip and Slide!!!

Hope all of you are having Christmases that are much less eventful and psychotic!!! Love to all - c 


Looking forward: 
Today the sky looks as though it may spit a few flakes or clear.  Yesterday B, Roo and I had a cook-a-thon, special surprises from Ruthie, laughs and spills (Yeah, that was me...upsetting the cans of milk B had just opened for me over the cookbook!!!), plans for dinners to come and maybe a book???? or at least long term plans for sharing food and fun.  (Second Saturdays people!  You heard it here first!)  Today we look forward to guests with whom to talk and play and share.  This Christmas may not be less eventful or psychotic...but it is certainly less frightening and traumatic.  Whatever yours may be....I wish at least some moments of peace, a few dreams for the future, and a day in which you KNOW...that you are loved.  Much love from me to all of you! - c




No comments:

Post a Comment