Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sweet dreams....

     Whenever there are worries....about my scans, other people's scans, my children, other people's children (the 19 monther who neither walks nor talks, but smiles ever so sweetly, and getting needed evaluations and testing has been a ridiculous insurance/facility nightmare), the "simple" home repairs that turned out to be neither simple nor within budget, one dog that has seizures while the other trees possums...LOUDLY....at 2 am!!!!.....and one is so tired that sleep won't come....I nudge the softly snoring Bentie.
     "Bent, tell me a story."  A request that is not unexpected in Bentie World.
     "What?  Oh.  Hmmm...... Well, you were in a boat.  And you paddled and paddled until you were far out into the sea.  Then, you came back to me."
     He hugs me gently.  All is right.  And, yes.  I would.  Come back.  No matter how far I paddled. Sweet dreams. - c

No comments:

Post a Comment