Saturday, July 31, 2010

Such a lovely birthday.....

Thanks for the great trip, Rosie! We had all the girls (The Queen, Christina, Lady Sovereign, GaGa, Beyonce, Shakira, Gwen Stefani, and Adam Lambert), some angry testosterone (Eminen, Metallica, Dropkick Murphys, Pittbull, Don Omar, Kanye, and a little Bon Jovi for sweetness) to keep us jamming all the way to Prattville. It was fun. Once we got there we had a great time with Ruth and Kik and Rosie's cousins, Charlie, Shane and Becca. Plus on Thursday, Momma and Daddy joined us for a great lunch with Ruthie's amazing lasagna and special Birthday Peach Cobbler!!! You gotta love warm fruit!!! Right, Char?!!! :>)

Anyhow, Ruth's house is so great and looks just like her personality: open, warm and sunny. The kids and Kik and I worked to put in a Rose Garden with beautiful yellow Knock Out Roses that smell lovely in front of her porch. Charlie, Shane, and Rosie dug all the holes while Becca kept the ice water coming!! It was hot as the dickens but I had such a great time doing it! Thanks for playing in the dirt with me everybody!!!

Got back with no problems last night. It was great to get back to my boys and had a Special Birthday Breakfast this morning with Brent making me bacon and omelets! Delish! Plus, I got all kinds of warm birthday wishes from all my Peds Care buddies.

Thanks to all of you for making my 46 years so incredible.

"It's my life. It's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just want to live while I'm alive. It's my life. My heart is like an open highway. Like Frankie said, I did it my way. 'Cause it's my life!" Bon Jovi

Love to each - c

9 comments:

  1. It was so nice for us all to be together! Everytime I go in or out of the house, I stand and admire my knockouts! They are symbolic too, one for each of us -- (I get one even though I didn't do any work!) Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right!! I hadn't thought about the numbers! That's great. You are the queen of the yellow house, so of course you got one! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had a great trip and b-day! One day you got to come to my house and figure out what to do under my big picture window, i know it needs something but cant decide what. Love the way you put adam under the girls catorgory! Its my life is one of my fav bon jovi songs although i dont think he could sing anything bad. miss ya friend and counting the days till you come back to pc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to do that. Maybe after work sometime, so we can measure and plan and then on a Sat when it's a little cooler we can put some things in!!! Adam knows where he needs to be! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Side Note: Yellow roses are the flowers that represent friendship!
    I really enjoyed the trip too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Adam knows where he needs to be, its Linda and Sheri P that are confused about it..lol...Sounds like we have a plan when it cools down, you know i am not about sweating :) love you too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, my rose garden gets more and more symbolic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are they still looking good? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete